Interview Checklist: Are You Prepared?
If you’ve secured yourself an interview for a new position, congratulations! You’re one step closer to securing a role. However, now is the time to consider whether or not you’re prepared for whatever the interview may throw at you.
Things to Consider Before a Interview
- Do You Know Where to Go? – The chances are you’re heading off to an interview that’s being held somewhere you haven’t been before, so take the time to ensure you know where to go. Whether it’s a local business or somewhere much further afield, consider how you will get there. After all, you don’t want to be running late simply because you where lost.
- Do You Know the Name of the Interviewer? – Though not all employers will provide the name of the interview, if they do take the time to learn it; this will help you to build a more personal connection with them.
- Have You Familiarised Yourself With Your CV? – It may have been a while since you sent off your CV, so find time to familiarise yourself before the interview. This will remind you of everything you have mentioned and it will help you to avoid any awkward pauses when the interviewer refers to a past job you had forgotten all about.
- Have You Checked the Date and Time of the Interview? – Check, check and double check the date and time of the interview. It’s very easy to confuse when an interview is scheduled for and you don’t want to waste time by arriving on the wrong day.
- Do You Know Your Strengths and Weaknesses? – Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and you’ll be asked about them in any interview.
- Have You Put Your Phone on Silent? – Before walking into the interview, make sure you put your phone on silent. It’s extremely unprofessional to have a mobile phone ringing or buzzing throughout an interview and it’s a pet peeve of many interviewers.
At Clarico Recruitment, we’re on hand to help you find the perfect role within the food industry. Whether you’re interested in engineering or manufacturing, we have a range of employers who are seeking new staff. Get in touch today to find out more.