Clarico are delighted to be representing our clients search for A newly created role due to ambitious growth plans, the Head of Operations will play a key role in the leadership team and the direction of the business.
- Production, Quality, Maintenance, Materials Purchasing, Production and Logistics Planning, HR & H&S.
- Delivering Operational targets and KPI’s
- In conjunction with the Quality and Manufacturing manager, develop Total Quality Mgt systems to achieve world class production capability.
- Develop health and safety systems to provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Develop Human Resource management to realise the full potential of the entire operations team.
- Develop and integrate various functional departments using metrics and key performance indicators (KPI’s) as the enabler. This includes the integration of logistics and supply chain solutions.
- Operates as part of the leadership team in order to deliver operational objectives as well as providing objective input into strategic direction.
- Develop successful relationships within organisation at all levels
- Be able to adopt an inclusive management style
Lead the ongoing development of an integrated Operations Team to deliver of required Metrics and KPI’s
Develop Total Quality Mgt systems to achieve world class production (in conjunction with the Quality and Manufacturing Manager)
- Deploy Lean Methodologies and Upskilling.
- Review the scope, complexity and effectiveness of operations, modifying systems and methods to improve ‘flow’ & reduce operating expense.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organisation
Develop Health & Safety and Environmental Mgt Systems to provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Manage site safety and maintenance functions – promoting a safe work environment
- Comply with Health & Safety and other Environmental regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the identification, design and delivery of Health & Safety training
Develop Human Resource management to realize the full potential of the entire Operations teams
- Implement and manage a training strategy to realize the potential of all the operations team
- Develop, implement and monitor, strategies we have in place to ensure alignment with the organisations business objectives.
- Responsible for recruitment, employee training and development, performance appraisals and absence management
- Promote good morale, leadership and performance with production team
In conjunction with the Manufacturing Manager deploy and integrate metrics & key performance indicators and departmental budgets
- Managing Department budgets and overall procurement resource management and competency management to ensure current budgets are met
- Develop cost budgets for all functions within operations management
Develop annual Profit Improvement Plans across the Operations Team.
Develop and enhance Logistics and Supply Chain solutions to optimise cost/delivery performance & shelf life to end customer.
Perform frequent assessments of what is Non-Performing and support the management of corrective actions.
- University degree in an engineering or business management background – minimum.
- Post Graduate Masters in Operations/Supply Chan/Business Management – ideal
Relevant professional operations and management qualification an advantage. For example:
Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt minimum.
Jonah Training – Theory of Constraints
APIC’s Certified CPIM
Deming TQM, Management Methods
Proven track record in achieving strategic growth and profitability in a food processing or related environment, plus a proven track record in building organisational capability and competency.
In addition, the following is considered of high importance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role in a manufacturing environment – Food Manufacturing ideally.
- Implemented TQM/Lean/TOC into a production environment.
- Demonstrable ability to lead process improvement projects to reduce time, improve deliver performance.
- Have implemented new BMS or Supply Chain systems withing last 5 years.
- Good computer literacy essential – MS Office, Teams etc.
- Good presentation skills is essential
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of quality and it’s implications with regard to product
- Dynamic self-starter and motivator
- Results orientated
- Change Champion and Leader
- Confident, collaborative and with a ‘can do’ approach
- Adaptable and creative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate commitment with ongoing personal development.
- Strong Leadership Qualities essential.
- Ability to demonstrate maturity of judgement, strong interpersonal and communication skills and a high degree of personal integrity
- Capability to strategically lead a management team through a journey of growth and improved profitability.
15% Performance related bonus
6% contributory pension after 6 months’ probation
To learn more about this role and the salary and benefits on offer please contact Luke Walker via email @firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a confidential call back by clicking here
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.